5DAYS KILIMANJARO-MARANGU ROUTE
ITINERARYThe Marangu Route is also known as the "Coca Cola" or "tourist" route. It is the easiest and shortest route to the summit. This is also the only route offers accommodation in huts at every point you spend your night with solar lights and comfortable beds. Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts.
Marangu gate (1700m) - Mandara Hut 2740m – (5,500ft to 9,000ft)
After breakfast and briefing, drive to the Marangu village and proceed to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (45 minutes), register at Kilimanjaro National Park Authority offices and commence the climb. Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara hut located at 9,000 ft / 2,740 m. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania.
Mandara Hut (2,740m) – Horombo Hut (3700m) - (9,000ft to 12,100ft)
In the morning around 8:30 a.m after breakfast starting trekking to Horombo hut. After about 1 hour, you will leave the glades of the rainforest and follow an ascending path on the open moorlands to the Horombo hut. The view of Kibo summit and Mawenzi are both stunning and shinning in clear days. In most cases giant lobelias and grounsels are found on your way. Horombo hut is a point were most of the climbers uses it for acclimatization whereby they spend an extra day. Spending an extra day give a wide change for successful summit the roof of Africa.
Horombo Hut (3700m) – Kibo Hut (4700m) - (12,100ft to 15,400ft)
In the morning after breakfast the trek will take us to the last watering point, walking onto the saddle of Kilimanjaro between the peaks of Kibo and Mawenzi. Vegetation begins with upper heartland but then disappears into desert like structure. At Kibo you will have your dinner, take a nap and at the middle of the night around 23:30 hour prepare for summit climb.
Kibo Hut (4,750m/15,580ft) to Summit (5,895m/19,340ft) to Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft)
Elevation Gain: 1,145 meters, 3,760 feet
Elevation Loss: 2,175 meters, 7,140 feet
Around midnight, awake for the final ascent to Uhuru Peak, the roof of Africa. The hike begins with a demanding five hour hike to Gillman's Point on the crater rim. Although this is considered to be the easiest of the three crater ascent paths, it is still extremely difficult. The first major rest stop, William's Point, lies at 5000 meters and is approximately a two hour hike Kibo Hut. Continue on for thirty minutes before beginning the rocky switchbacks that will continue to Gillman's Point (5,681 meters).
The hike from Gilman's to Uhuru Peak is a gradual climb and as far as hikes go, not very difficult. The altitude, however, makes the hike long and tiring. The crater rim hike takes approximately two hours. Upon reaching Uhuru, take photos of your guide and group at the peak before beginning the descent to Horombo Hut.
On the way down from the summit, you will see all of the magnificent views you could not see on the way up. Stop for a short break and snacks at Kibo Hut before continuing on to Horombo Hut. Reach Horombo Hut in the afternoon and enjoy your last night on the mountain.
Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) to Marangu Gate (1,800m/5,905ft)
Elevation Loss: 1,920 meters, 6,295 feet
After breakfast, finish the trek with a descent to Marangu Gate. Your last hike on Kilimanjaro is a beautiful one, passing through Kilimanjaro's cloud forest. Watch your step during the descent, as the trail can be slippery. Our vehicles will be waiting at Marangu Gate to take you back to Moshi.
PRICE: $ I480 per person
Included in the packages;
- Private transport from the hotel to the Park s gate (starting point for the climb), and transport back to the hotel after the climb
- Pickup and dropoff to airport
-All National Park entry fees
- All camping fees
- Rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Park rescue team fees)
- Government taxes
- Evacuation services
- Friendly and competent Trained Mountain Guides, assistant guides, porters and professional cooks.
- 3 full fresh meals daily. We provide fresh food on the mountain in plentiful and well prepared by skilled professional cooks(we also consider your choice of food that you would prefer -Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian). Menu especially designed for climbers.
- Hot drinks on the mountain and Hot water for washing will be provide everyday on the mountain.
- huts accommodation is in A-frame huts)
- Supplementary Portable Oxygen and Complete First Aid Kit (used in case of emergency only)
- Pulse oxy-meter carried by all chief guides
- 3-4 liters of mineral/treated water (per Climber) provided daily during the climb
NOT INCLUDED IN OUR PACKAGES PRICES
Excluded from above package rates:
• Items of a personal nature
• Tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 300 per hiker - depending on number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• Personal Hiking/Trekking gears (Some Gears are available for Rent)
• Snacks, personal medicine
• Dinner at hotel, drinks and snacks not specified.